01 May Renovation / Construction to achieve that Modern Farmhouse-look
Modern Farmhouse style is about the merging of rural architectural details and modern comforts.
How do you achieve this look through renovation or new construction?
There are a few keys to creating that warm, down-to-earth, practical home. And there is a big range in farmhouse style on the rustic-to-modern spectrum, with no right or wrong interpretation. Farmhouse is practical, simple and imperfect (think of weathered materials); it is not overly decorated, cluttered or fussy.
What are key elements to bring Modern Farmhouse to life?
- Wall paneling: shiplap, tongue-and-groove and beadboard
- Natural Colors, Materials and Textures
- Design Details like Sliding Barn Doors
What are key elements of a Modern Farmhouse kitchen?
- Apron-front sink (think generously sized with a gooseneck faucet)
- Simple hardware.
- Natural wood: eg, wide plank floors, exposed beams
- Selective open shelving
What are key elements of a Modern Farmhouse bathroom?
- Freestanding or claw-foot tub
- Natural wood vanity